Effective Date: July 15, 2016
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS AND THE COVERED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
"Covered Parties" means the Firm (including its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated and other related entities), its listees, business partners, co-counsel, and other entities participating in the website, and its and their officers, directors, partners, shareholders, principals, managers, members, employees, contractors, attorneys, agents, successors and assigns.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions' laws are applicable. Without limiting the generality of other terms herein, the covered parties also disclaim all warranties, responsibility and liability for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from, arising out of or any way related to:
- Any errors in or omissions from the website, the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through the website (and its content), including, but not limited to, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors;
- User-generated content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions therein or any security associated with the transmission of your user-generated content to or via the website;
- Any third party website or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in our website, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions therein;
- The unavailability of the website or any portion thereof;
- Your use of the website;
- Any software you may download from our website or third-party sites;
- Whether the websites or the servers that make the website available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your device);
- Whether the information (including any instructions) on the website is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely or reliable;
- Whether your access to the website will be uninterrupted;
- Whether the website will be available at any particular time or location;
- Whether your use of the website is lawful in any particular jurisdiction;
- Your use of any equipment or software in connection with the website; and
- Any data security breach or disclosure of any personal information submitted at the website.
Some photos on the website are of models and not of clients or firm personnel and may be simulations of actual scenes. Services performed by our Firm may be performed by lawyers other than those who are in such photos. Any testimonials or endorsements contained on the website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.
Limitations of liability
Under no circumstances will any of the covered parties be responsible or liable for any loss or damages of any kind, including injury to persons or property or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
- The website (including the Content and the User-Generated Content), whether arising from alleged negligence, breach of contract or defamation;
- Your use of or inability to use the website, or the performance of the website;
- Any action taken in connection with an investigation by the Covered Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the website;
- Any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- Any errors or omissions in the website's technical operation, including data security breaches or disclosures of any personal information submitted at the website; or
- Any damage to any user's computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if the Covered Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the website).