Home   >   Infographics  >  Misdiagnosis - Mesothelioma

Misdiagnosis - Mesothelioma

Feel free to use and share Environmental Litigation Group's infographic on misdiagnosis mesothelioma

Use The Code Below To Share This On Your Site:

In fact, multiple studies in various cancers have demonstrated discrepancy rates of up to 30% with an average of approximately 10%. A “discrepancy” happens when one pathologist renders a diagnosis and another pathologist looks at the same material and renders a different opinion.

Misdiagnoses percentages for different mesothelioma types are given below

Pleural Mesothelioma

can be misdiagnosed as



Peritoneal Mesothelioma

can be misdiagnosed as



Pericardial Mesothelioma

can be misdiagnosed as



Testicular Mesothelioma

can be misdiagnosed as

Mesothelioma diagnosis wasa detected in only 12% of living patients. A biopsy was required post mortem to detect the rest of the 88%.

Want to embed our infographic on your website?

Simple Link

Full Size (1800x6253)

Full Size (750x2605)

Full Size (600x2084)

Full Size (350x1216)

Full Size (220x764)