Effective Date: July 15, 2016
- What information we collect
- With whom it is shared
- How it can be corrected
- How it is secured
- How policy changes will be communicated
- How to address concerns over misuse of personal data
What Personal Information Is Collected through This Website and How Is It Used?
If you fill out the contact form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat.
Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, "Sensitive Information"). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe).
Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- Your unique Internet protocol address
- The name of your unique Internet service provider
- The town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website
- The kind of browser or computer you use
- The number of links you click within the site
- The date and time of your visit
- The web page from which you arrived to our site
- The pages you viewed on the site
- Certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s)
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user's experience.
Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
How Is Personal Information Protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g., billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Who Has Access to the Information?
Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- To agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- If we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party;
- As required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How Can I Correct, Amend or Delete My Personal Information and/or Opt out of Future Communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- Opt out of future communications from us
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Environmental Litigation Group, P.C. is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes
If our information practices change in a significant way, we will post the policy changes here.