How do Roundup weed products cause Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cancer?
Researchers and scientists have studied and tested lymphoma types of cancer, studies have shown that when glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, enters the body, the chemical can change the genetic material of cells, so that they multiply endlessly without dying. Avoid ingesting, inhaling and any skin exposure to pesticides and herbicides containing glyphosate chemical such as Roundup, as it may greatly increase the risk of lymphoma types of cancer.
A new study published in February 2019, has shown a clear link between being exposed to glyphosate and an increase in the risk of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The study was conducted by Luoping Zhang, a toxicologist at the University of California, and it has shown that mice who were exposed to glyphosate-based herbicides had a greater risk of developing NHL.
Furthermore, doctors believe that not only does the intensity of the exposure matter, but also the frequency. Dr. Dennis Weisenburger alleged that using Roundup, or any other glyphosate-herbicides, more than two times per year doubles the risk of developing NHL.
Now, more and more studies are looking into this matter and are trying to determine a clear link between glyphosate-herbicides and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. A lot of people who were exposed to Roundup have developed debilitating diseases which has drastically decreased their quality of life. If you, or a loved one, have developed lymphoma after being exposed to glyphosate-based herbicides, contact us and let us represent you.
Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and other lymphoma cancer types, all caused by Glyphosate in Roundup Weed & Grass Products
Glyphosate is a synthetic herbicide and crop desiccant, introduced by Monsanto in 1974. It became the key ingredient in arguably the best-known weed and grass products in the entire world, Roundup line of products is available on every shelf in stores.
Monsanto, a biotech company that developed Roundup products, acted with malice and oppression because they knew what they were doing was wrong and doing it with reckless disregard for human life. The World Health Organization’s Institute Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified glyphosate as a carcinogenic chemical.
Monsanto owns many products which contain glyphosate, so here is a list so you know which ones to avoid:
- Roundup Ready-To-Use Weed & Grass Killer III – This is their basic herbicide. Most people use this product when taking care of their lawns. It can come in different variations, some with a built-in wand, other without it. Even if the packaging might be different, its use remains the same, namely spraying it over the weeds.
- Roundup Precision Gel - This product is a stick that releases gel. People touch the leaves of the weeds they want to kill with the gel and then they just wait for it to take effect. This product still uses glyphosate, and because it is in gel form, without proper handling, it can be extremely easy for a person to unintentionally ingest it.
- Roundup Ready-To-Use Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer II – This product is the same as the first one. Besides killing weeds, it is also preventing others to grow, so it is a product people used when thinking about long-term effects.
- Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate – This product is a liquid that must be sprayed over undesirable plants. With this said, there is twice the amount of glyphosate in it compared with the standard version (this one has 18%, the standard one has 2%). There are other products with the “Concentrate” label, such as Roundup Concentrate Extended Control Weed & Grass Killer Plus Weed Preventer, Roundup Concentrate Poison Ivy Plus Tough Bush Killer or Roundup Weed & Grass Killer Super Concentrate, with the last one having 50% glyphosate. Because of its high quantities of glyphosate, this product is even more dangerous, and it poses a greater risk of developing cancer if used frequently.
Roundup (for garden, lawn or driveway weeds) has been used in public and private gardens, parks, crops, lawns and many other places, virtually everywhere. We have research that links Roundup glyphosate-based herbicide products to both Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and other types of lymphoma cancers. Our lawyers are ready to help families receive compensation for past and future medical bills and other losses. Our standard fee is a 40% contingency fee. Which means we only collect the fee when we are able to collect settlements or claims for a client. If we do not collect anything, our clients are not out any money out of pocket.
Lymphoma cancer patients and family eligible for compensation
Workers may develop these diseases due to using Roundup at their jobs are, a few occupations that are known for heavy use of Roundup weed and grass products are the following:
- farm workers
- garden center employees
- nursery employees
- professional gardeners
Our research shows that heavy use of Roundup products and frequent exposure to the glyphosate cancer-causing chemical have been closely linked to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and other types of lymphoma cancer subtypes:
- follicular lymphoma (average treatment costs $125,520/annually)
- chronic lymphocytic leukemia (average treatment costs $122,450/annually)
- mantle cell lymphoma (average treatment costs $105,220/annually)
- diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (average treatment costs $142,680/annually)
- hairy cell leukemia (average treatment costs $133,790/annually)
- Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (average treatment costs $82,320/annually)
- multiple myeloma (average treatment costs $192,440/annually)
Compensation lymphoma cancer patients & family members receive