Numerous veterans are filing claims for the defective 3M Combat Arms earplugs they used

By Treven Pyles

Posted on August 24th, 2020

More and more veterans who used the defective 3M Combat Arms earplugs while serving in the military are seeking financial compensation from the manufacturer for the hearing problems they developed. However, as a veteran, you are also eligible for disability compensation from the VA.

The renowned company 3M, which is located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, began manufacturing Combat Arms earplugs for the members of the military in 2003. However, their earplugs are defective, as they fail to provide the wearer with the protection against loud noises they need. The main issue with the 3M earplugs is that they could not hold tight within the ear, as the part that should have been fitted in the ear canal was too short. This allowed dangerously loud noises to slip through the earplugs, thereby exposing military members to the risk of developing hearing problems, such as tinnitus and hearing loss. Over recent months, hundreds of veterans who used the Combat Arms earplugs while serving have been filing claims with 3M to recover the financial compensation they deserve. Nevertheless, it is important to know that as a veteran injured by the 3M earplugs, you are also eligible for disability compensation from the VA. Therefore, you can seek compensation both from 3M and from the VA.

Over 50% of veterans will develop hearing problems after using defective earplugs

It is estimated that over 50% of the military members who used the 3M earplugs will develop a hearing problem. At the moment, the VA assigns people with hearing loss a disability percentage of 30%. If you decide to apply for disability compensation, you will thereby receive approximately $435.69 every month. Nonetheless, filing a claim for compensation with the VA can be a tedious process, which is why we encourage you to contact a specialized attorney who can guide you throughout every step. Similarly, a lawyer can help you recover compensation from 3M if you developed hearing problems after using their product, which entails a process that is even more complex. There are numerous advantages of filing your claim with the assistance of a lawyer, as they will take care of the majority of the necessary paperwork on your behalf.

For what hearing problems can I file a claim with 3M and the VA?

Any hearing problem that ensues following the use of the Combat Arms 3M earplugs qualifies you for seeking financial compensation. If you served in the military between 2003 and 2015, you were most likely wearing the defective earplugs, as the majority of people were provided with these. The following diagnoses make you eligible for filing a claim to recover the compensation you deserve for your physical and emotional distress:

  • hearing impairment
  • tinnitus
  • auditory processing disorder
  • conductive hearing loss
  • sensorineural hearing loss
  • mixed hearing loss

If you struggle with one of these diagnoses after using the defective 3M earplugs, please contact our law firm and we will help you file a claim with the company, as well as with the VA. While the process is complex, your involvement will be minimal, as you will only have to send your attorney your military and medical records, documents that will stand as evidence to support your claim. There will be no lawsuit, which will speed up the process considerably, as only a claim needs to be filed to recover the compensation you are entitled to. It will be accompanied by proof of your loud noise exposure and of your related diagnosis.

Quality legal assistance for veterans injured by the 3M Combat Arms earplugs

If you served in the military between 2003 and 2015, were exposed to loud noises on a regular basis, and subsequently developed a hearing problem, our attorneys are ready to help you file a claim both with 3M and with the VA to recover the maximum compensation available for you.

With over 25 years of professional experience, we are confident we will obtain a favorable outcome following claim submission. Our attorneys have provided quality assistance to thousands of veterans with a wide range of problems over recent years and we are positive we can help you as well. To file a claim, you will have to retrieve your military records and your medical records and send these documents to our skilled attorneys. Lastly, it is important to know that we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not owe our legal team any money unless they recover financial compensation for you.