Can you sue for Camp Lejeune water contamination?

Yes, you can file a lawsuit under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act if you spent at least 30 consecutive days at the military base between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987, and developed a disease caused by drinking toxic water. Under the law, everyone who lived at Camp Lejeune during that time and was injured by toxic water is entitled to compensation.

Veterans, family members, and civilians exposed to toxic water at Camp Lejeune can file a lawsuit

While the issue of toxic water at Camp Lejeune had been known for decades, it was only recently that people who developed serious diseases as a result of exposure could seek legal recourse. On August 11, 2022, the Camp Lejeune Justice Act was signed into law. Under it, everyone who spent time at the military base, including the family members of veterans and civilians who worked there, can file a lawsuit with the government. The government cannot assert immunity from litigation in response to any lawsuit filed by Camp Lejeune toxic water exposure victims so that those injured can obtain the money they are entitled to.

However, filing a Camp Lejeune toxic water exposure lawsuit is a very challenging endeavor that requires the involvement of a very experienced and knowledgeable attorney, so if you intend to seek legal recourse, we strongly encourage you to contact our law firm. We have been handling toxic exposure cases for over three decades, and many of our clients are veterans injured by toxic exposure in the military, so we have what it takes to obtain the most favorable outcome for your case. Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, so you do not have to worry about how you can afford to hire our skilled attorneys.

We can efficiently help you file your Camp Lejeune toxic water exposure lawsuit

Since 1990, our mission has been to provide quality legal assistance to toxic exposure victims. If you spent time at Camp Lejeune and now struggle with a disease, do not hesitate to give our law firm a call, as you might be entitled to financial compensation from the government. After you send in your military records, which you must retrieve, and your medical records, we will evaluate your case and determine if you are eligible to file a lawsuit.

Family members injured by drinking toxic water who want to file a claim will need to send our legal team evidence of their stay at Camp Lejeune and their medical records. Once we deem you eligible, we will promptly file your claim, as we understand that many toxic exposure victims need extra money to afford treatment, which can be very expensive. If you are too ill to participate in the legal process, a family member can help you navigate it.

Other related questions

See more questions