What documentation must family members who lived at Camp Lejeune submit for a claim?

Everyone who spent time at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 might be eligible to file a claim if they came to struggle with a disease. The family members of veterans must submit several documents to our attorneys so that they can determine whether they are entitled to financial compensation.

Attention: We are no longer taking Camp Lejeune cases!

Up to 500,000 people might develop a disease due to their stay at Camp Lejeune

If you are the family member of a veteran who was stationed at Camp Lejeune during the last century, drank toxic water at the military base, and subsequently developed a serious disease, you might be entitled to financial compensation under the recently enacted Camp Lejeune Justice Act. However, before filing a claim, your case has to be thoroughly reviewed by our experienced attorneys, who specialize in toxic exposure. To initiate the legal process and find out if you qualify for compensation, we will request the following documents in addition to evidence of your stay at the military base, as applicable:

  • military ID
  • birth certificate
  • marriage license
  • adoption papers

Family members have to provide documentation showing their dependent status or relationship to the veteran. We will also need your medical records stating your diagnosis, which must be one that makes you eligible to file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim. Once we have proof of your time spent at the military base, your medical records, and evidence of your relationship with the veteran, our legal team will begin assessing your case. If we deem you eligible, we will promptly start working on your claim and eventually submit it. Ultimately, if our endeavors are successful, you might obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your injury.

Our attorneys are ready to evaluate your Camp Lejeune toxic water claim

Since 1990, our attorneys have been pursuing financial compensation for toxic exposure victims, including many veterans and their family members.

If you stayed at Camp Lejeune with a veteran and now struggle with a disease or gave birth to a child with a birth defect or congenital malformation, we strongly encourage you to contact our law firm, as you might qualify to file a claim. After you submit the necessary documents to our legal team, we will carefully review your case and let you know if you can file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim.

If you are too ill to participate in the legal process, which is the case for many cancer patients, a family member can help you gather your documents and navigate it. Furthermore, our compassionate legal team will strive to make the process as easy as possible for you so that it requires minimal involvement on your part. Our skilled attorneys will go to great lengths to recover the financial compensation you might be entitled to under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act. Finally, it is important to note that we work on a contingency fee basis.

Other related questions

See more questions