Can I file a Camp Lejeune claim even if I am not injured?

No. Even if you spent time at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 when the drinking water was contaminated, if you do not have a diagnosis that is related to toxic exposure, you are not eligible to file a claim, as you have not been injured by drinking contaminated water. Only people with certain diagnoses can seek compensation.

Attention: We are no longer taking Camp Lejeune cases!

Only individuals with a disease or condition linkable to drinking contaminated water can file a Camp Lejeune claim

If you spent time at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune during the 34 years the drinking water was contaminated but have not developed a related disease or condition, you are not eligible to file a claim. Only Veteran Marines, family members, civilians, and the children of women who were pregnant during their stay at the military base who struggle with a qualifying illness have the right to seek legal recourse under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act. However, if you lived at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 for at least one month, you should keep a close eye on your health, as you are at risk of developing a serious disease.

In the regrettable event that you are diagnosed with a qualifying disease in the future, do not hesitate to contact our experienced attorneys, as they have been pursuing compensation for toxic exposure victims for over 30 years and have what it takes to help you file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim. Some of the symptoms that might indicate a disease related to drinking toxic water you should look out for are persistent fatigue, recurrent nosebleeds, fever or chills, easy bleeding or bruising, and swollen lymph nodes.

File your Camp Lejeune water contamination claim with the assistance of our diligent attorneys

If you struggle with a disease caused by drinking contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, we strongly encourage you to give our attorneys a call, as you might be entitled to financial compensation. The legal process is simple and will require minimal involvement from you. As a Veteran Marine, you will only have to send in your military records, which you must retrieve, and your medical records to have your case reviewed. Family members who intend to file a claim will need to submit proof of their stay at the military base along with their medical records.

After a comprehensive evaluation of your situation, we will let you know if you are eligible to file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim. Eligible individuals will promptly have their claims filed, as we prioritize the cases of veterans and family members injured by military toxic exposure. If you are too ill to participate in the legal process, you do not have to worry, as our compassionate team will strive to make it as easy to navigate as possible for you. It is worth noting that our law firm works on a contingency fee basis.

Other related questions

See more questions