How do I retrieve my military and medical records to file a Camp Lejeune claim?

To file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim as a veteran, you must retrieve your military and medical records by yourself and send these documents to our attorneys. They will be extremely useful in deciding whether you are eligible to file a claim, and if you are, they will also represent a starting point in building your claim. Retrieving these documents is quite easy.

You can retrieve your medical records through your healthcare provider and your military records online

If you intend to file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim, you must retrieve your medical records. You can do it through your healthcare provider's patient portal, you may be asked to fill out a form known as a health or medical record release form, or you can send a mail or a fax letter to your doctor requesting a copy of your medical records. Alternatively, you may have to visit your physician's office to obtain your medical records. It all depends on how your doctor usually sends medical records to their patients. You should know that the HIPAA Privacy Rule allows healthcare providers to share information so they can take care of you without needing a request from you. Therefore, your doctor may or may not ask you to fill out a form.

As for your military records, you can now retrieve these documents online by accessing this page. The National Archives and Records Administration is the official repository for records of military personnel discharged from the U.S. Marine Corps and every other military branch. Paper copies of military service can be ordered by mail from the facility that holds the records. Alternatively, you can:

  • mail or fax the National Personnel Records Center
  • write a letter to the NPRC
  • visit the NPRC in person
  • contact your state's or county's VA

Once you have your military and medical records, you can contact our attorneys to express your intention to file a Camp Lejeune water contamination claim and subsequently provide them with these documents. We will carefully review your case based on these documents and the additional information we receive from you and eventually let you know whether you are entitled to financial compensation under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act and from the VA.

Quality legal assistance for Camp Lejeune Marines who came to struggle with a disease

Since 1990, our attorneys have been dedicating their endeavors to assisting toxic exposure victims, among whom is a great number of veterans, to recover the financial compensation they deserve for their unjust suffering.

Now, we are ready to do the same for you if you spent time at Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987 and struggle with a qualifying disease. All you have to do to find out whether you qualify to file a claim is send in your military records and your medical records.

Eligible Marine veterans will have their claims filed as soon as possible, as we understand how financially draining struggling with a serious disease can be. Our skilled attorneys will strive to obtain the best outcome for your case so that you can benefit from the largest sum of money you are eligible for. It is important to note that we operate on a contingency fee basis, so you will not have to pay our law firm anything unless we obtain money for you.

Other related questions

See more questions